Saturday, September 13, 2008

Where did all the LOVE go?


So I went to this battle of the bands thing last night and it was ok at first then slowly got better and then it got real good because the band I was in came up, I played the harmonica by the way it was off the hook. Anyways so we are there and are set just ends so we go in the back to pray. Then Shane starts to pray for one of are friends that has cancer she’s 19, anyways we prayed over her and over this event we are going to have for her to raise money for her family, ssssshhhhhh it’s a secret. So we finish and go back out front then after another band the church that put on battle of the bands gave us all the money made that night for are friend. They have never met her or any of us. I dropped my jaw I had no idea what to say it was awesome that a group of people we have never met can do something so huge. So I had to ask why did you do it and the youth pastor said because you guys are family it’s not about a church it’s about showing the love of Christ. Where in are lives did we forget that it’s not about your church or mine. We need to stop fighting over people and politics. We need to go out and show love.

No comments: