Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Photobucket

This is the first time im doing Word Wednesday my vary good friend Gary Durbin started it so here it is. Word Wednesday is posted every Wednesday. Each week I post a scripture that I've read that week that has spoken to me in a fresh way. I believe that if we read God's Word every day, He will give us at least one scripture every week that will impact us. Sharing Scripture with each other is like iron sharpening iron.

To participate, do your own post on your blog about your Word for the week, and link it to the bottom of my post every week by using the application provided below. Always leave me a comment, so I know you dropped by, and link back to my post from yours. Thanks for participating.

Here's the scripture that stuck this week:

James 3:3-6

3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. 4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. 5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.
But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. 6 And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.

So this blow my mind. I have read it before but it just really hit home for me this week. That’s crazy to me how powerful such a little thing is, but you know what’s cooler than that is the fact that with God we can control it. Witch makes me thing just how powerful he is




1 comment:

AutobotJazz said...

Great verses billy. It's so true how something so small can have such a big impact.